OllO World, USA Round trip memories
USA round trip memories in the OllO World App. Holidays and round trips are only possible virtually at the moment. When I spent my last holidays in the USA , the first thing I thought of was the carrot cake I ate there. Chance wanted it and I discovered such a recipe. I have now tried this one. It was a recipe from a magazine and I must admit I was extremely sceptical. When I took the cake out of the oven, the unmistakable smell came to me. Wow, did it enchant me….! The carrot cake also tasted wonderful. The recipe was in a Lidl advertising supplement. Hats off, the cake was really juicy and even two days later it was still edible.
American Carrot Cake
- Peel and finely grate the carrots. Drain and chop the pineapple well.
- Beat the eggs until frothy, stir in oil and sugar. Then add the carrots and pineapple.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Then add the egg-carrot mixture and fold in.
- Grease a springform pan of about 22 cm diameter and dust with flour. Fill the dough into the form.
- Bake the dough at 175°C for about 40 minutes.
- For the topping, sift the cream cheese with lemon juice and icing sugar. When the cake is completely cooled down, spread the cream over it. Decorate with almonds, pistachios and lemon rubbing.
For the dough
250 g grated carrots, 350 g pineapple from the can, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of oil, 130 g cane sugar, 220 g flour, 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 2 – 3 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 pinch of salt
For the cream
200 g cream cheese (Philadelphia), 80 g icing sugar, 40 g almonds, pistachios, 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The Chef’s Handyman Team wishes you a good appetite. Maybe you have a trip that can be stored in the OllO World app. The cake tastes even better when you can indulge in holiday memories. Isn’t it?